Kate's Reviews > The Book of the Dead

The Book of the Dead by Douglas Preston

F 50x66
Apr 25, 12

Read in July, 2010

This book was so interesting that I read it in one day! I could not put it down! It's rare for me to do this, unless it captivates my imagination, and 'rings true'.

I think information on the Lincoln - Child books are becoming confusing. I read this about two years ago, but do not recall Detective Pendergast, being mentioned anywhere in the storyline. I am not a fan of the Pendergast series, which is written solely by, I believe Child. However, when the two of them get together,...it's always a home run for me!

This book was so good, it makes me sad that the two of them do not collaborate on more historical fiction.

As I said, in prior posts for Lincoln - Child, be careful to read the jacket of the books, or the reviews, if you are looking for a collaboration of these two authors. The Pendergast series, with the exception of maybe one or two books, leaves me flat. I've noticed that many reviews of the collaboration of these authors, wrongly cite that they are Pendergast themed, and are not.

I have not read one Lincoln-Child (Diogenes themed) series book, that I disliked! Please L-C...MORE!!! :)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of the Dead.