Danielle's Reviews > Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

Apr 26, 2012

bookshelves: romance, favorites, owned, erotica
Read from April 25 to 26, 2012

In honor of the lovely and hard Christian T. Grey I will keep my review as honest as possible. This book disappointed me- WAIT - however I loved it. As an avid reader of adult romance novels I'm well aware of the things that go on between the front and back cover of many books in the genre. So after hearing about the book I knew what to expect, yet I didn't find it. There was no totally obscene scenes as so many have implied, but it does have some kinky moments. I, to all honesty, do not understand why there was so much media and talk about the book at all. I was expecting to read about a chained up slave kept in a basement by how people spoke of the book. Honestly people, it's a romantic ADULT novel, there are many many more just like that with way way more explicit scenes. Like my favorite, Sweet Persuasion by Maya Banks. With that said I did however love the book. It's not the romance and passion and pure carnal pleasure that has me hooked, it's the character. Christian Grey is still such a mystery and to me so damn lovable. The plot of the story had me turning pages and so indulgent in the book. I was hooked and am dieing for book number two just to find out what happens. I was so heart broken by the last few pages, to hell with Anastasia. It was very good and in a way an introduction to more "adult" books if you may. 5 stars for a drugging book. Now I will pout till the second and third arrive in the mail.
1 like · flag

Quotes Danielle Liked

E.L. James
“- "Why don't you like to be touched?"
- "Because I'm fifty shades of fucked-up, Anastasia”

E.L. James
“I am going to have coffee with Christian Grey... and I hate coffee.”

“Laters, baby.”

E.L. James
“Are you smirking at me, Mr. Grey?” I ask sweetly. Pompous ass.”

E.L. James
“Sometimes I wonder if there's something wrong with me. Perhaps I've spent too long in the company of my literary romantic heroes, and consequently my ideals and expectations are far too high.”

E.L. James
“Never trust a man who can dance.”

E.L. James
“Why don't you like me ?" "Because you never stay with me.”

04/25/2012 page 66
13.0% ""Me neither - oh, he's laughing at me, the bastard" that line had me chuckling. so far so good."
04/26/2012 page 345
67.0% "Christian Grey, you are most definitely a fine specimen of man. <3 However you still fail to knock Damon Roche off the top of my fav fictional males as of yet."