Rachel's Reviews > Wuthering Heights

Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë

Oct 16, 12

bookshelves: all-time-favorites, literal-bookshelf

I did not expect to come find so many negative reviews! Negative reviews was what my High School English class gave, but maybe I just like for my characters to be tortured and drug through hell. If you're a romantic looking for a happy ending and easy to love characters this classic isn't the one you want. Try Pride and Prejudice.

This read isn't an easy one, I sometimes had to reread sentences and backtrack a page or two to understand what was going on. You'll probably leave with more questions than answers and the ending does leave a lot to be desired. Part of me thinks that's what draws me into Wuthering Heights. So many novels are full of budding relationships and pairings that fall far to quickly for one another, of characters you love and a small bit of light in the darkness, but that's is not what you find here. Catherine and Heathcliff are not very likable characters and their romance is, well, doomed from the start.

With these things said, I think I found a beautiful quote on every page of this story(exaggeration, shh). The writing is difficult to go through, but it was worth the time for me.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wuthering Heights.