Lori's Reviews > Contagious

Contagious by Emily Goodwin

May 21, 14

bookshelves: end-of-the-world, zombies
Read from April 25 to 27, 2012

The book is re-releasing through Permuted Press this summer!!! And I've had a chance to go through the newest shiny version of the book.
Contagious follows the Orissa 'Riss' Penwell as she fights to stay alive in the aftermath of the ZA. She must protect her group of survivors. The group is struggling to stay afloat until they are rescued. I don't want to say much more than that for fear of giving something away.

Contagious is one of those books that stick with you. Orissa Penwell is a seriously dynamic character. She's at one moment lovable, and the next you want to strangle her. She's above all a real character. I loved following along on her ride.

Hayden. Sigh. Hayden. He's the hero we all want. He's respectful, and actually listens to Riss. How cool!

The writing is fantastic. Emily Goodwin has a unique writing voice that really shines. Her dialogue is real and not at all stilted. The story is super fast paced, and the ending will leave you breathless. And probably mad.

The GORE. Oh my the gore. Emily is nurse, and uses that to her advantage throughout the book. It's seriously sickening in the best possible way. If you like guts and blood, then Contagious is a book for you.

The zombies, have their own realistic twist. They are a little bit of a shock to be honest. I love the uniqueness that she adds to them, but still manages to maintain their scare factor.

Contagious still stands to this day, more than two years after I read it, one of my favorite books ever. Heck I named my blog after it!!!
**The author has kindly provided me with an early review copy of this book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Contagious.

Quotes Lori Liked

Emily Goodwin
“It terrified me, right down to my very core, to be alive while the rest of the world was dead.”
Emily Goodwin, Contagious

04/26/2012
27.0% "This book is fabulous so far!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth (new) - added it

Beth  (Curling Up With A Good Book) I cannot find a copy of this anywhere? Any idea how I can get a copy??

Lori Beth wrote: "I cannot find a copy of this anywhere? Any idea how I can get a copy??"
It will be re-released July 29th through Permuted Press. :D