Jerelyn's Reviews > Gilded Lives, Fatal Voyage: The Titanic's First-Class Passengers and Their World

Gilded Lives, Fatal Voyage by Hugh Brewster

Apr 29, 12

bookshelves: edwardian-era, non-fiction
Read from April 25 to 29, 2012

Gilded Lives, Fatal Voyage by Huge Brewster: I like the way Mr. Brewster presented the story of the Titanic, and that of the more notable victims and survivors. While there is nothing earth shattering about the information imparted. It is well written, and well researched and blessedly far from dry. He gives a very balanced introduction and history of the people on board. I think this will appeal to those who might not know a lot about the movers and shakers on board. I like the overview and then the day to day almost journal style of the book, I especially liked that he included what happened to the survivors in the years following the disaster. I didn’t understand the need to discuss the possible sexual orientation of those on board which felt a bit tabloidish to me. For that reason I am giving it 3.5 stars.

Thanks to the publishers and Net Galley for my review copy.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gilded Lives, Fatal Voyage.