Lady Danielle's Reviews > Eon: Dragoneye Reborn

Eon by Alison Goodman

I was excited to read this book, I hate that I was disappointed. The story kind of reminded me of Mulan.

Mulan: Disguises herself as a boy in the place of her father to fight. If exposed of her true form, the result is death.

Eon: Disguises herself as a boy to become a Dragoneye, if exposed of her true form, the result is death.

Unlike Mulan, Eon (Eona) simply annoyed me, she was always looking up to her 'master' even though she was a Dragoneye. She was the only 'male' in history to summon the Mirror Dragon when it's been lost for 500 years(?). But she was always looking to her master for answers/advice. 'I wonder what master would think....' 'What if master will be upset?' 'What would master do?'

Kind of reminds me of Dobby 'Master has given a sock... master gave it to Dobby... Master threw it and Dobby caught it. Dobby is free, Dobby is a free elf.' Hahaha... okay that wasn't funny.

Eon always asked the obvious; though I only read half of the book, I read a nice chunk of reviews to fill me in on what happened from the page I stopped on till the end and I have to say I'm shocked at some things that happened (view spoiler).

The concept of the story is bloody brilliant, though: She disguises herself as a boy to train to become a Dragoneye. Come one, to own a dragon would be awesome! The Mirror Dragon has been lost for 500 years; no one knows what's happened to it. But everything changes when Eon fails to become the Rat apprentice and the Mirror Dragon shows up and chooses Eon. The only problem? The Mirror Dragon won't give it's name unless Eon becomes Eona once more. But the cause of exposing her true nature is death.

How awesome does this story sound? Now that I think about it, it doesn't remind me a Mulan, not at all -- just some parts of it. Anyway, I'm going to read the sequel because I've been reading a lot of good stuff about it. I hope it will be better than the first. I can't believe it has taken me a month to read half of this.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eon.

04/25/2012 page 49
04/29/2012 page 91
17.0% "142"
04/30/2012 page 210
40.0% "This isn't turning out how I thought it would be." 5 comments
show 7 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Wendy Darling Ohh. :) I hope you're enjoying it!

Lady Danielle It's an okay read. It's not like what I've been expecting, to be quite honest.