Sandy's Reviews > The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Mar 18, 13

Read from March 12 to 17, 2013

Just when you think you can't bear the sadness any longer, Augustus Waters rises, with wit and insight, above this awful battle with teenage cancer that he, Hazel and Isaac are waging. Are these characters believable?? I certainly don't know because I've never known a teenager dying of cancer. But do I want them to be possible? With all my heart I do. Very hard book to read without ranting against a world where loved ones have to watch a 17 year old succumb to this disease.
1 like · likeflag

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Paulette I read this one too and agree. I thought it was well written and I loved the characters. No matter how long a life we live it is important that we are able to connect with others and hopefully make the world a better place even if it is just for one or two people.

Sandy Paulette wrote: "I read this one too and agree. I thought it was well written and I loved the characters. No matter how long a life we live it is important that we are able to connect with others and hopefully mak..."

Wonderful philosophy, Paulette.