Beverly's Reviews > In the Middle of Almost and Other Stories

In the Middle of Almost and Other Stories by S.B. Lerner

Apr 25, 2012

Read in April, 2012

Review: My thoughts:
This is a nice collection of short stories about women and their encounters with men. Some are fleeting encounters and some are potentially much more. Each story gives the reader an inside glance at the woman and where she is at in her life. They are touching, personal, and thought provoking. Each story is different, but all encourage the reader to look at the piece of their life that the story reminds them of. I both liked and disliked the unfinished aspect of the ending for each short story. I am usually looking for either closure or a "...to be continued" feel at the end of a story, but these stories don't actually have either of those. Each story leaves the reader with the opportunity to find the ending in their own story or imagine what happened next.
I am normally a strict "not about real life" story reader, in other words - I am all about fiction. I tell people I have enough reality in my day to day life that I read solely for pleasure and solely about things that are no where near my life. Having said that, this was not my normal, average read. I am pleased that I had the chance to read this well-written collection and will look for more stories written by S.B. Lerner.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read In the Middle of Almost and Other Stories.