Christi Snow's Reviews > On the Island

On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves

Jul 22, 12

Read in July, 2012

My Review:

This is a book that I've had in my TBR pile for a few months based upon someone else's recommendation. I started to read it on a complete whim and when I REALLY should have been reading one of my other books. I started it with the idea that I just wanted to get a feel for how the book was going to be. Five hours later, I was done and had barely sat it down to do anything else, although I did manage to feed my family and fold all the laundry WHILE reading it. This book was so good!

The story completely sucked me into it and I feel like I've been on the island with Anna and T.J. all evening. I've heard enough buzz about this book, that I knew the basic story line and how the book was going to play out, but that didn't prepare me for how much there is to this book and these characters. You know they end up on a deserted island, but that doesn't prep you for how deeply you feel their fear and resignation to their fate. I can't tell you how many times I welled up with tears for these two people. Their story is amazing and just so beautiful.

I loved T.J. for his maturity and for what an important role he plays in keeping Anna alive. He's only 16 when they crash, but he's always the caretaker. He's the one that starts the fires. He's the one who pulls Anna unconscious out of the ocean. He's the one who keeps her spirits up. He is the Alpha in this relationship, even though he is so young. For Anna, she's older and more realistic. I like how well she relates to T.J. and that she never talks down to him like he is any less in what they are trying to do. I like how their friendship truly develops over the first couple of years, long before it becomes anything else. They have an amazing relationship built on mutual trust and respect and absolute friendship.

I didn't know how the story was going to play out, but the way that Tracey wrote the story was perfect and so believable. It was sweet and romantic...and really just beautiful. All of it. I like how much of the book was devoted to once they are rescued, because it isn't an easy transition and I think it was important to see that so that their HEA is believable.

I bought my copy of this book in e-format, but I fully plan on going and buying a print copy for my permanent library. Yes, it was that good. I even considered giving it an A++ and I may still bump up my rating on it. Just an amazing book!!!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Island.