Milka Bago's Reviews > Just One of the Guys

Just One of the Guys by Kristan Higgins

May 07, 12

Read in May, 2012

To read more of my book reviews visit, Crawling Over The Pages.

THE TITLE. Chastity is a sports enthusiast and was always considered one of the guys. Who wouldn't be used to doing guy stuff when you have four brothers to grow up with?

CHASTITY VIRGINIA O'NEILL. She's a journalist and accepted a job as an editor-in-chief at a local newspaper which is located at Eaton Falls. She decided to move back to her town after 5 years of working in the city. She stands 6 feet tall. She's 31 years old and wishes to start a family soon but the problem is she doesn't have a boyfriend. She's still in love with Trevor. Her sports is rowing and was even part of a team in Birmingham University during college. She acts like a boy so she had trouble adjusting to her room mate when she was studying.

TREVOR MEADE. He came from a broken family. The O'Neill family considers him an adoptive brother. He usually eats and sleep over at their house. The O'Neill family has influenced him very much that he even followed their father's footstep, to be a fireman. I know he loves Chas but he got issues about his family and his self. There was a part in this book where I had given hope that Chas will end up with him and somehow I hated Trevor because he kept ignoring his feelings towards her and how he kept pushing her away from him.

BETTY & MIKE & HARRY. Well, I was kinda sorry for Betty and Mike. They have a beautiful relationship but Better started to drift away because of stress over Mike's work. They could have salvaged their relationship if Mike made a move but it was too late when he realize his shortcomings. I don't have any say on Betty's decision to marry Harry because I wasn't the one who was stressed out for 21 years and always waits for her husband to arrive home hoping he was safe and alive. Maybe she just reached the point where she can't take it any longer and decided to find her own happiness. I know Harry is a good man and I know that he'll give everything Betty wishes to do and to have. Walking the love of your life at the altar towards the man she wants to marry is one of the most heartbreaking things that could happen.

MATT, JOHN(a.k.a. Jack), LUKE (a.k.a. Lucky), MARK. First of all, I love their names. It's quite cute. If you don't notice, their names were based from the books in the bible. Having four brothers like them would be such a pain in the ass. I can only imagine how Chas cope up with them. I love their camaraderie.

I love the story especially how it ended and how Trevor proposed to Chastity. Somehow, Betty and Harry getting married, opened Trevor's mind and made him realized how important Chastity was to him.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just One of the Guys.