jules0623's Reviews > Surviving Elite High

Surviving Elite High by John H. Ames

Jul 07, 12

bookshelves: blurb-was-better-than-the-book
Read in July, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I was looking forward to this after a few great reviews but I think we were reading different stories. This jock/nerd theme has been done so many times and done so much better than this. The writing was immature and the pacing of the story was ridiculous (the Nerd was 'in love' with the Jock after a day and a bit? FFS, I like an instalove as much as the next girl but there has to be valid chemistry to support it. There was none here.) and the characters stereotypical caricatures. I'm disappointed as I was expecting something fresh and got a poorly written story that offered nothing new.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Surviving Elite High.

message 1: by Idamus (new)

Idamus I think I'll delete it from my wishlist then, especially after the way I was treated due to accidentally rating it before it was released :/

jules0623 Idamus wrote: "I think I'll delete it from my wishlist then, especially after the way I was treated due to accidentally rating it before it was released :/"

You've probably read a dozen fanfictions that are more satisfying. I was so looking forward to it after reading the reviews but I just didn't see what they saw, I guess.

I saw that comment. Wow, that was a really horrible thing to do.