Julesmarie's Reviews > Tangled Leashes

Tangled Leashes by Jet Mykles

Apr 24, 2012

bookshelves: m-f, shifters, guilty-pleasures, menage
Read in April, 2012

I enjoyed the first part of this book so much more than I expected to. Ms. Mykles did an amazing job of setting up the adding of the fourth to the threesome. I was unsure about this at first as it seemed as though Meg, Michael and Rudy had just barely gotten their relationship steadied. But even that was less certain in the beginning of this book, with Rudy feeling all angsty and un-needed.

I have to say I totally LOVED Logan! He definitely earned a place among my favorite fictional characters ever because of this book. I loved the build up of showing how much all four of them want Logan to be a part of their relationship, but can't figure out how--or if they should--go about doing that.

I thought that the reason for bonding with Logan was both good and bad. It was good because the circumstances finally forced everyone's hands so they didn't all just keep in their holding pattern forever and keep hurting Logan by having him stay mostly an outsider. But I also was sad for Logan that since their hands WERE forced, it seemed less like they really wanted him and more like he was just convenient.

The scene that made Logan earn his spot as one of my favorite fictional characters of all time was the scene in the car right after the cabin when he is brave enough to bring up all of the issues they're all thinking about and he's brave enough to ask some tough questions and to give honest answers no matter how uncomfortable they make him or the others. His reaction to the new leashes is amazing and just so much fun to read.

The things that kept this from getting 5 stars, even though I did think most of it was amazing were that I wanted to know more about Logan. It was mentioned at one point how necessary it was for him to have this relationship, and I did feel that, I just wish I knew why.

The other thing was the ending. It was nice for Logan to get to finally have Meg, but I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about how split up they all felt at the end, with the separate bedrooms and all. I get what they said about Logan maybe not wanting to spend the night with 3 other people, but he still feels marginalized to me by the end.

That aside, I did totally love this book. I still adore the world and the variation on magic and shifters that it has. Such a fun series to read!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tangled Leashes.