JeanBookNerd's Reviews > Kiss of Night

5519230
Apr 24, 2012

bookshelves: reviews
Read in March, 2012 — I own a copy

Kiss of Night by Debbie Viguie brings a new refreshing twist in the flooded vampire genre. The story follows vampire Raphael who seeks salvation for his sins. This unique plot naturally pulls the reader in and it just gets more difficult to put the book down as each page is turned. It is quite an exciting read about a vampire that is laced into Christian fiction. The characters are fun and full of personalities. The plot is truly gripping and when the end nears, you will wish that it didn’t.

The character development is brilliant. The flashback of Raphael’s past clearly shows why he was cursed to be a vampire. Debbie’s account of how people turn into vampires is quite different and unique from most vampire tales. The meeting of Raphael and Susan is truly remarkable. It was as if they were meant to find and help each other. The barred feel of the magnetism between them kept my interests high. Debbie’s writing style is brilliant, unparalleled, and on point. It feels like you are there with the characters.

Debbie’s concept of how a person becomes a vampire is truly fascinating. The flow of the writing and how the plot plays from beginning to end is brilliantly crafted. Very fascinating blend of romance, adventure, paranormal, and history. It kept my mind bursting with imagination with its authority and mystery. This very fast-paced, full-of-action, adventure is captivating. I never wanted the book to end but I was devastated when the last page appeared. Nevertheless, with such a huge cliffhanger, it only means a sequel is nearing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss of Night.