Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews's Reviews > Full Blooded

Read from August 18 to 19, 2012

*Genre* PNR
*Rating* 4.0

*First Thoughts*

Full Blooded absolutely floored me with it's continued thrill ride, excitement, romance, and suspense. Jessica McClain should be considered the newest heroine in the shifters genre and fans of Kelley Armstrong and Patricia Briggs would do themselves a huge favor by picking up this series and reading it from the beginning.

I highly recommend that future readers of this series start with Blooded: A Jessica McClain Novella first. I recommend this because you need to understand who Jessica is and how she came to be on her own. You need to understand that Jessica grew up within the confines of a Pack as the only female (daughter to the Packs Alpha) and was hated for just being born.

You also get a better understanding behind the Pack's hatred of Jessica because of something called the Cain Myth and why other supernatural sects are after her.

Full Blooded takes place 8 years after the conclusion of Blooded and 10 years after Jessica should have shifted into a werewolf. The story begins with a Jessica's shocking coming out party as a Full Blood Female Werewolf, the only one of her kind in existence, and ends with a stunning conclusion that will leave readers wanting more.

I absolutely loved Jessica's character in both Blooded and Full Blooded. I loved her determination, her absolute desire to not allow anyone to push her around, and I loved the fact that she tried so very hard to be on her own and not under the thumb and guidance of her father and the pack.

I enjoyed watching Jessica coming to terms with the fact that she was now a full blooded werewolf and one that is highly unusual as well as powerful. I also enjoyed her interaction with her twin brother Tyler who has been nothing but supportive of everything she's ever tried to do including being on her own and opening her own PI business.

Other characters who are awesome include Nicholas (Nick) Michaels, Danny Walker, James Graham and Marcy Talbot. I was actually surprised at the choice of mate for Jessica. I was actually rooting for several other characters who have known and been supportive of Jessica over the course of her 26 years of existence. Then again, we really didn't get a chance to see what happens between Jessica and her new mate because of factors beyond her control. One can only hope that Hot Blooded is as intense and enjoyable as Full Blooded and Blooded were.

Expected publication: September 11, 2012 by Orbit

*ARC provided by the author for review and future blog tour*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Full Blooded.

08/18/2012 page 52