Laura's Reviews > French Kids Eat Everything: How Our Family Moved to France, Cured Picky Eating, Banned Snacking, and Discovered 10 Simple Rules for Raising Happy, Healthy Eaters

French Kids Eat Everything by Karen Le Billon

Apr 24, 12

Read in April, 2012

The author writes about how she changed her kids eating habits to make them more 'French' during a move to that country, and how it made them more disciplined, and helped the entire family to eat more healthily. She raises some interesting points about how we feed our kids - most pointedly, about modern North American snacking. It's no wonder so many kids are obese when we give them unhealthy snacks 3 times a day! She also raises good points about eating slow, and taking a little more time to prepare 'real' meals. It's an interesting look at another culture, and shows how food really does impact our moods, family life, and in turn how food is impacted by culture. All in a family microcosm.

Le Billon doesn't totally come to embrace her new country (they only live there one year, then return to Canada), and the small village that she lives in does seem kind of inflexible and slightly stiff. But this is a good look at the way another country eats, and presents some good ideas for feeding our families. The recipes she includes in the back are simple and tasty, though not totally (my) American kid friendly.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read French Kids Eat Everything.