Kim Smiley's Reviews > The Evolution of Mara Dyer

The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Dec 13, 2012

it was ok
Read from December 09 to 13, 2012

I remember really liking the first book in this series, but this one more or less aggravated me the entire time I read it.

Poor Mara. She still has no idea what is going on with her. She wakes up in a looney bin and says what they want to hear to be able to go home. Her parents decide to let her do outpatient therapy, going to HOrizons Mon-Fri for therapy and treatment.

But Mara is still convinced that Jude is alive and is going after her. No one believes her except for Noah. He is her constant and he is doing everything he can to help her. But she knows Jude has been in her house. There is evidence of that on her bathroom mirror and outside in her backyard. And her brother thinks she took his housekey off of his keyring before she ended up in the psych ward.

So throughout this book we get bits and pieces of information that really doesn't help Mara at all. But everytime she blacks out, she has visions of a little girl from long ago with a doll that she now possesses, (from her grandmother)and that little girls story. This story is somehow linked to Mara, she just doesn't know how, (and neither do we).

By the end of the story, we get a general idea of exactly what is going on, and whether or not Jude is still alive. We also have the return of Jamie in this book, as he is an inpatient at Horizons as well.

Very much looking forward to the final book in this story just so I can get a clear answer as to what the hell has been going on in book one and two. I didn't read them for nothing!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Evolution of Mara Dyer.

12/13/2012 page 475
87.0% "don't know why I'm reading this book. It's getting on my nerves and I just want it to be over. However, I have a feeling that the end will bring no resolution anyway."