Allison Dickson's Reviews > The Wind Through the Keyhole

The Wind Through the Keyhole by Stephen King

Jun 11, 2012

bookshelves: stephen-king
Read from April 24 to June 01, 2012

I really love how King weaved the two main stories together--the titular story and one about young Roland and Jamie DeCurry seeking out a murdering shapeshifter in a salt mining town. Both stories are excellent and well-told. However, I wish I could feel the same about the one that held it all together, told in the "present" with our original ka-tet. It's almost as if King forgot how to write in their voices. Maybe this was enhanced by having just re-read the entire series, but it definitely felt like something was... missing.

Nonetheless, it's a great read and one that a Dark Tower fan shouldn't miss.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wind Through the Keyhole.

message 1: by Abby (new)

Abby Miller Jealous! I ordered the hardback and it just shipped today...ugh. Waiting is the hardest part.

Allison Dickson It'll be worth the wait! The ebook formatting for this is absolutely terrible. Really pisses me off, actually, and makes me wish I'd bought the hardback only.

message 3: by Abby (new)

Abby Miller The eBook for Kindle was more expensive than the HB! Ridiculous...plus, I get most King books in HB or PB. Being a DT novel, I had to have the HB.

Allison Dickson Oh definitely. I have the full set in a combination of trade paperback and hardback. Books 5-7 and the updated first book are hardback, but the others I bought as part of a set. But they're looking very shabby after so much reading. I think I've read books 1-4 at least half a dozen times. lol

Allison Dickson I have recently bought all of them in ebook form. They've all been okay in terms of editing/formatting except for Drawing of the Three. I have no idea what happened, but it is FULL of typos! It's like someone uploaded a pre-edited draft!