Sheila's Reviews > Ceaseless

Ceaseless by Abbi Glines

Sep 19, 12

Read on September 19, 2012

Ceaseless picks up with Pagan at the beginning of college. Her memories of anything supernatural having been erased, her first encounter with Dank is one of annoyance. She is hesitant to start up anything with a 'rockstar' bad boy. She then has a run in with her ex. He wants to rekindle their relationship, while still flirting with other girls. But what is really going on is that the powers that be have decided that in order for Dank aka Death to have the love of his life by his side, she must actively choose him without the knowledge of who he really is and the powers that he holds. And she must do this after reconnecting with her chosen soul-mate. Can Dank win back her love? Or will Jay, her ex, finally get his soul mate back? Ugh...really. This wasn't even a competition. I was a little disappointed that there wasn't more of a struggle for Pagan. Jay turns out to be a college playboy who just can't help himself when a pretty or easy girls walks by. Of course it immediately convinces Pagan that he's a d-bag. What girl wants a boyfriend, let alone a soul-mate, like that?! It never seemed like there really was a struggle to win her love; that she really had to make a choice between the two guys. They both pretty much screwed things up. Yes, of course there is a happy ending. I appreciate that. I just wish there was more.......it seemed too easy. I didn't seem like her soul ever really got a chance to reconnect with Jay. You would think that, being soul mates there would have been more of a spark? Having said that, I was also disappointed by Leif and his appearance. I have to say that between Dank and Leif, I kind of liked Leif better. Yeah, yeah, he's the son of Voodoo god, but really.....he can't help who his parents are anymore than the rest of us. Anyway, all in all it was an okay book. It gives you closure on the Pagan/Dank storyline. So, if you've read the other books you might as well finish it. It's good, but just not great. Abbi Glines is a great storyteller and I can't wait to see what's next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ceaseless.