Laurian's Reviews > Bossypants

Bossypants by Tina Fey

Apr 30, 12

bookshelves: non-fiction
Read from April 24 to 29, 2012

After reading this book it makes a lot of sense to me why it has been on the best sellers list for so long. I heard Tina Fey on NPR about 6 months ago talking about this books, and it just sounded a bit too serious for me. Fey was talking about how she wanted to write this book because she is a producer and she used to be head writer at SNL, and she gets asked about what it is like leading all those people. And, she didn’t think that Donald Trump or any other male leader for that matter gets ask those kinds of questions. And, while I knew it would be funny, I generally don’t read non-fiction unless it is UX... so I put off reading it for some time.

However, I’m really glad I picked it up eventually because it was a great book that made me laugh a lot (when I don’t feel like laughing too much right now). The chapters are short and Fey doesn’t get too preachy. We even disagree about some topics (e.g., breastfeeding, dealing with workplace sexism), and I still really enjoyed hearing her perspective. I didn’t think it was possible, but I think that Tina Fey is even more amazing than before.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bossypants.