Morgan: Read, Eat, Dream's Reviews > Tempting the Best Man

Tempting the Best Man by J. Lynn

Apr 25, 12

bookshelves: 4-stars
Read from April 24 to 25, 2012

Tempting the Best Man, a contemporary romance novel by J. Lynn a.k.a. Jennifer Armentrout a.k.a. author who can do no wrong in my eyes, is a must read. Before I began this novel, I already knew that I LOVED Jennifer Armentrout's young adult novels, but now that I've finished Tempting the Best Man, I know that I LOVE J. Lynn's adult novels too! I sincerely doubt that there are many authors out there who can write both genres extremely well, but J. Lynn a.k.a. Jennifer Armentrout definitely can! She is an extremely talented author. In fact, she is one of my favorite authors. I strongly recommend any novel with the name J. Lynn or Jennifer Armentrout attached to it!

Told from both Chase and Maddie's POV, Tempting the Best Man is a cute, fun, sassy, sweet, romantic, passionate, lovely, hopeful, flirty, steamy, sexy read. Once I started this novel, there was no putting it down.

Madison Daniels a.k.a. Maddie has been in love with Chase Gamble a.k.a. her brother's best friend, forever. Maddie and Chase have always been close friends, but things haven't been quite the same between them for the past three years, since Chase humiliated Maddie when he turned her down.

Chase Gamble really cares for Maddie. There is no one else like her. He thinks she is the perfect woman, but he turned her down three years ago because he thinks that he is like his father a.k.a. a cheater a.k.a bound to hurt anyone he loves a.k.a. damaged goods.

When Maddie and Chase are forced to share the tacky, old honeymoon suite for Maddie's brothers wedding, sparks fly. And for the first time in three years, they are forced to acknowledge the attraction, chemistry, and feelings between them.

I absolutely loved the characters in this novel, especially Chase Gamble. He's such a guy. He's sexy and driven, but he's also a big 'ole hot mess! He's not very good with words. A lot of the things that he said came out really bad! He had a lot of "open mouth, insert foot" moments, but he cracked me up because he's so freaking cute about it. Like 5 minutes after Maddie would get mad at him for saying something completely inappropriate a light bulb would go off, and he would be like "crap"!

I gave Tempting the Best Man by J. Lynn 4 STARS. I strongly recommend this novel.

-XOXO

READING, EATING AND DREAMING

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempting the Best Man.