Abigail (Shiningshawol)'s Reviews > The Wedding

The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks

Apr 24, 12

bookshelves: 2012, favorites
Read on April 24, 2012

I’m so glad I finally made time to read this book. I really loved it. I happened to find a few Nicholas Sparks ebooks on our PC and so I started to read some. Title aside, I didn’t have the slightest idea of what it is all about. I haven’t even read a synopsis so when I learned that it’s about a married couple, I’m not so thrilled. I mean, what more lies in there if they were already committed to each other.? maybe yeah, sure there still is. Perhaps the hardships in their family? Parenthood? Which I guess will be boring. And to add the fact that Wilson and Jane are already on their fifties, I thought this may be a lame story of old people but I’m glad I kept going coz I’ll be damned if I did not. It’s actually connected to The Notebook because Jane is one of the daughters of Noah and Allie. I haven’t read the book but I saw the film and it was good. Anyway, I loved Wilson’s character. I understand his musings. And as unexpressive as I am, I find it not hard to sympathized and relate to him. I loved how he thinks and how it leads to matters. It’s like I’m being exposed to a new perspective of love. Love that is so true and so deep and eternal. Okay, I’m gonna stop this, I sounded so cheesy. eeww

There is a part in the book that I even got teary though it’s not a crying scene. I was so touched. I want to go to Nicholas Sparks and hug him for creating such great confession or declaration or whatever for Wilson. It really warmed my heart.

Although I saw what was coming at the end of the story, so I wasn’t so surprised. it didn’t end to amaze me. I don’t know how to express it. It’s like a different genre with different contentment after finishing it. It’s as if I’m showered by loads of gratification afterwards. It is so captivating and inspiring. I promised to myself to re-read this book when I’m married. :)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wedding.