Cerita's Reviews > Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst

F 50x66
Apr 24, 12

bookshelves: behavior, emotions, family

This is a book that can relate to a child that gets angry often. The context is mainly just full of a boy's complaining and what seems to be a stroke of bad luck. I would have enjoyed it better if there was a lesson to be learned or some kind of words of encouragement at the end.

Extension Activity: After reading this book to the class I would discuss and define with them some other emotions they could possibly experience along with anger, such as frustration and impatience. I would ask them to think of a situation they've experienced that made them feel these emotions. I would have cut-outs of these words and give some to each child along with a piece of construction paper. The paper would be divided into atleast 4 sections, one for each "anger" word. They would paste the words onto the paper, then up under them draw a facial expression of what they would look like when they feel those emotions. We would then discuss how it is ok to feel these ways and what we should do to calm ourselves.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.