Jana 's Reviews > Tempting the Best Man

Tempting the Best Man by J. Lynn

Apr 24, 2012

bookshelves: 2012-reads, comtemporary-challenge-2012, jennifer-l-armentrout, entangled
Read on April 24, 2012

Also posted on: http://jana-thebookgoddess.blogspot.c...

Holy cow. This book was just oh so amazing! AND HOT!!! I don't really know how to start this review and I will warn you that sometimes what I'm typing wouldn't even make sense and stuff 'coz of the whole gushing thing, but here goes:

I love how even though this book was short, just under 180 pages, it still felt whole. It still felt COMPLETE. I still connected with both of the main characters. Also, this is an adult contemporary, and since Jennifer's other series Covenant and Lux is YA paranormal, I really wanted to see if she could do contemporary aswell. After reading = ummm HELL YES! This woman could write about anything and it could still be freaking awesome! Don't believe me? Well, read on...

At first I was a bit wary when I saw this was written in third person and in both POVs but after reading it I can say that I shouldn't have; Jennifer clearly knows what she's doing. I love reading about both character's perspectives Can I just say how much I love this cast of characters? Maddie and Chase, Chase's brothers, Mitch and Lissa, her parents, her friend at work Bridget and the others! All of them has very distinct personalities and all shone through the page when they were on it.

I think many people would be able to relate a LOT to Maddie. We all know that one girl who has had a crush on/fallen in love with her brother's best friend. I also love the setting of this whole novel, which revolves around her brother's wedding. I really adored Maddie. Guys, she is hilarious! Actually, this whole book had me laughing out loud countless times. The bit about the tires and her dad, her friend at work Bridget, Chase and Maddie getting locked in the cellar- was just a few of the most funny scenes!

Now, you can't have me write a review and not mention the hot guy at all. Did I mention he's HOT? Dear me, I still feel like fanning myself whenever I think back to this book. Chase is like my dream guy, I love him so much (NOT as much as Daemon obviously, but pretty darn close). He's got that bad boy thing going on, but underneath all that hard exterior, he's so sweet and caring inside. Well, I won't deny that there were times during the book when I wanted to kick some sense into him, but even then I still found myself rooting for him and Maddie to finally be together.

Their chemistry. Whoa. The scenes are smoking hot, people!!! The bit at the nightclub, the cellar and the cabin - GUYS I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY. There is adult content in here, but since I don't really listen, I decided that I would read it. And holy hell am I glad. I was giggling like a schoolgirl (well, yeah, I AM one) during the naughty bits lol. I couldn't put this book down; read it in one sitting. YEAH LIKE MOST PEOPLE WHO HAVE READ IT.

I've already heard that a lot of people want to see more of the other older Gamble brothers, Chad and Chandler, and I can't even complain. Please Jennifer, we NEED some more of these two very smexy brothers !! ;) I've said this before, and I WILL say it again. I will read anything by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Or J. Lynn, in this case.

I would recommend this to ALL older readers/adults, but since I'm 16 and I read it, well I think I should just keep my mouth shut.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempting the Best Man.

The Fairytale Nerd How's the book? I'm so addicted to all things Armentrout. :D

Jana Love this! So so good!! :D

The Fairytale Nerd Alright! Will buy it now!

Jana Yay! You will like LOVE it! It's very umm hot ;P

message 5: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura Hi Jana! Haha…I love this review! I hope to read this soon! Looking forward to the “naughty bits”—I mean the whole story of course! ;)

Jana Lol thank you, Laura! Hope you enjoy this as much as I did ;)