Jennifer's Reviews > Glitch

Glitch by Heather Anastasiu

Jul 11, 12

Read from April 24 to 27, 2012

I think this cover is so neat! I hope they do something cool with it in the finished version... like make it shimmery or foiled.

It took me a while to write this review. I would open up blogger and just stare at the screen. What did I think? What did I want to say?? Ahhhh!!

I'm glad I waited a while to let it kind of sit with me because I've discovered that I really liked it! Many of the dystopians I've read in the past year or so start out with a young character who is about to be changed or placed into something that molds them into the "ideal" person, where in this book the people are already programmed. Zoe, the main character, starts to glitch and discovers her own thoughts and feelings.

I really liked discovering things through Zoe. I can't imagine what it would feel like going from kind of numb to the world around you, to getting slammed with your own thoughts and feelings suddenly!

I have to agree with other reviews and say that the insta-love was kinda annoying. The little twist after the insta-love moment that kind of made it better for me. Actually, there were lots of little twists in this story that I wasn't expecting, and I loved that.

Glitch was a good read! It didn't blow me away, but it will definitely stick with me. I am looking forward to the second book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Glitch.