Vee41dmb's Reviews > The Leftovers

F_50x66
Jul 09, 12

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from June 28 to July 07, 2012

I won this book from a giveaway on Goodreads. If given the option I would give it a 3.5 rating.
I wasn't sure what to expect. I have never read this author before. I had seen the movie Little Children and had mixed feelings about it.
When I read the description of this novel I thought of the Left Behind series. I give the author much credit for mentioning Left Behind quickly in the novel. It than became it's own novel and I didn't think of the other again at all.
This book hooked me somewhere, but I am unsure of where exactly. It is about human relationships to it's core. It is about love and loss and such much more.
The novel never explains WHAT happened, but I liked that. It reminded me of Blindness and The Road in that aspect. I love when that happens, because it seems realistic in a sense. It makes the novel deeper and more emotional. It makes it not about the WHAT or WHY, but instead something so much more human.
I also really enjoyed the ending.
I may read more from this author in the future and will be passing this novel on for others to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Leftovers.

06/28/2012 page 12