Danielle's Reviews > Calling Invisible Women

Calling Invisible Women by Jeanne Ray

May 30, 12

bookshelves: early-reviewer, fiction
Read from May 21 to 28, 2012

I REALLY enjoyed this novel! The story follows Clover Hobart, mother of two and wife of a very successful pediatrician. She unknowingly takes a mixture of medications that turn her invisible yet her family, so caught up in their own problems, don't realize their mother and wife isn't as she used to be. As long as the clothes get washed and dinner is cooked, no one realizes that she's invisible. Through her invisibility, she realizes that she can do a lot of good, from disciplining school children to thwarting a bank robbery, Clover realizes that there are good things that can come from being invisible.

What I Liked: That this story was silly and lighthearted yet describes how many women feel. The shenanigans Clover and her friends get into are pretty darn hilarious. At times you want to throttle her kids and her husband yet they are so lovable that you almost want to forgive them their wrapped-uppedness and total blindness to her condition.

What I Didn't Like: The novel was fun and totally outrageous with naked women walking around town. I loved it! No dislikes from my corner ^_^

I received this novel from the Goodreads giveaway page. A really fun, imaginative novel!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Calling Invisible Women.