Freda mans's Reviews > The Immortal Rules

The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

Feb 11, 13

Read from February 06 to 11, 2013

For fans of Julies' Iron Fey series, the first thing I have to tell you before reading this book is forget what you read there. This series is completely different, and if you're looking for the same gushiness, re-read those books.
This is all about vampires, though not the conventional vampires one might think of.
Imagine a society where vampires ruled and humans were slaves or pets. All this happening in a dystopian society. Like, really imagine it.... cool right?!
And this story is. Very cool in fact.
Julies' style of writing is amazing and has an ease that makes 5 hundred and something pages go by quick. You just get immersed in the story and can't put it down.
Though this is another one I wouldn't read at night if home alone by myself. I'd get nightmares for sure... but during the day it was on like Donkey Kong, and it flew by!
I can't wait for book 2!! And suggest you get reading this series too!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Immortal Rules.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom) I'm so glad you loved The Immortal Rules, Freda! I'm betting you'll love The Eternity Cure as much if not more! And you'll still probably not want to read it at night all by yourself! ;)

Freda mans Michele (Reading Lark/CanadianTwiMom) wrote: "I'm so glad you loved The Immortal Rules, Freda! I'm betting you'll love The Eternity Cure as much if not more! And you'll still probably not want to read it at night all by yourself! ;)"

Thanks for the heads up on the nightly reading... I've learned my lesson there... lol