Scimone Jackson's Reviews > Saving Face

Saving Face by T.J. Dell

Apr 24, 12

Ok this is so odd because i literally just read "Her bestfriends brother" and loved it...but then i read this. I am hoping to be an author some day as well so i will not be harsh. I just feel as though...this book was everywhere. It had such potential...but then just faltered. It reminded me of the old "Drive me crazy" with Melissa Joan Hart movie i'm sure we've all seen. But there was no depth in this book. One minute she was talking to (can't even remember the characters name smh) her bestfriend about going to the dance together....the next minute they were there. Same paragraph and all! And i HATED LYSSA'S character with such passion and fierceness i could scream. She was so superficial and kind of a crybaby that (view spoiler) And i am a big fan of your typical the boy next door...the best friend romance so i was kind of disappointed in this. Which sucks because i actually liked the lead male character....sigh. Well i literally skipped to the end of this book so i have no idea what happened during the middle but...Idk...i just give high praise to "Her Bestfriends Brother" and hope that anyone who has read this "Saving Face" book and did not like it...will give T.J. Dell another chance by reading "Her bestfriends brother". She did an excellent job on that one.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saving Face.