Kim Smiley's Reviews > The Lost Saint

The Lost Saint by Bree Despain

Apr 27, 12

Read from April 24 to 27, 2012

Ok, I have to say, this book started off a bit slow and aggravated me along the way because it wasn't going in the direction that I personally wanted it to. But I admit, it ended with a bang! That last 100 pages or so made up for my initial aggravation with the storyline.

So in the beginning, Grace, who was bitten by her brother in the first book, is training with Daniel so she can have some balance between herself and the wolf within her. She doesn't think he's training her fast enough. She wants to learn how to fight in case she ever needs it. She wants him to help her find her brother Jude, who left the family after he bit her while in wolf form. They haven't seen or heard from him since and her family is falling apart. Her mother is either almost catatonic or in a frenzy. Her father is always gone looking for him, as her mother always watches the news and is always claiming to see him.

Now Grace is concerned as Daniel is pulling away from her. He's lying to her about where he is and what he's doing. Enter Talbot. He's an Urbat that Grace meets and he's more than willing to help her with her abilities and to help her find her brother. He thinks he's being held by the Shadow Kings, a group of Urbats, (among 2 other demon types) and its their responsibility to go after them and rescue her brother.

THis book does start off slow, but its worth it in the end. Now I HAVE to read the third and final installment of the series to find out what happens once and for all. I'm hoping for a happy ending!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Saint.

04/24/2012 page 55
04/25/2012 page 200
50.0% "1st book was definitely better than this one. I'm getting sick of Daniel and his attitude and Grace for thinking she can be a superhero, with April wanting to make her a costume. WTF?!"
04/26/2012 page 289
72.0% "Ok, this book is definitely not holding my interest like the first one did. I mean, its good just not great. I feel my stars going from 5 for book 1 to 3 for book 2"