Elizabeth (Liz)'s Reviews > The Edge of Courage

May 15, 12

bookshelves: ebook-read, romantic-suspense-read, favorites
Read from May 08 to 09, 2012

4.5 stars!!

Let me just say, for a .99 ebook, this story packed one heck of an intensely emotional wallop!

The first half is particularly 5-star material, and an emotional and psychological exploration of PTSD that left me sad, angry, scared, and, ultimately, joyful. You could literally feel the hero's torment, anguish and confusion. This part of the story was utterly superb! The second half is much more action-oriented, and a bit over-the-top only in the enemy the team will be facing.

The writing, other than a few odd spots where contractions weren't used, and thereby made the dialog stilted, is actually very good. The story is well thought out, and the emotional impact is one that will linger, as it should.

Highly recommended! Don't miss this little gem!!
29 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Edge of Courage.

05/08/2012
9.0% "Impressive so far!! Stellar writing! And, Rocco is one messed up dude...."
05/09/2012
26.0% "Poor Rocco. Makes me so sad for our vets the come home this way. Stupid wars!" 2 comments
05/09/2012
44.0% "Really good story!"
05/09/2012
53.0% "still really good:)"
show 1 hidden update…

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Great review, Elizabeth. I added it!

Elizabeth (Liz) It is SO good, Kristen!! Hope you love it!

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus I bought this the other day after someone else read it. It's high on the TBR. Great Review.

Keri Great review! Can't wait to get to this this weekend.

message 5: by Karla (new) - added it

Karla Wow Elizabeth...great review! Lately I've been finding some wonderful freebies and cheap books that are fantastic, and it looks like this is going to be another one that falls into that category. Excuse me while I count out my pennies and run over to Amazon and buy this book!

Elizabeth (Liz) Thanks ladies!! This really is a fantastic book! I hope you all love it as much as I did!!! 8^D

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Great review, Eliza! Everyone loves this book--will definitely give it a go.

Anne OK Super review, Elizabeth! I'm so excited that the next releases in this series aren't too far off!

Elizabeth (Liz) Thank you Baba & Anne!! I can't wait to read the next in the series as well!!

message 10: by KatLynne (new) - added it

KatLynne Great review Elizabeth! I'm hoping to get to this one soon. Love a great book at a fantastic price:)

Elizabeth (Liz) KatLynne wrote: "Great review Elizabeth! I'm hoping to get to this one soon. Love a great book at a fantastic price:)"

It's super good, KatLynne, especially the first half. Very, very emotional!!

Shelly Great review Elizabeth! Looking for a book with some emotion to it after reading one that was pretty vapid, I'll be getting it soon!

Elizabeth (Liz) Thanks, Shelly!! As I said, the first half is especially emotional and drives home such a valid point about soldiers returning with PTSD. Can't recommend it enough!

Shelly The PTSD had me too, I find it interesting and heartbreaking at the same time. I love reads like that, think I'll go ahead and get it on nook!

Elizabeth (Liz) Shelly aka Shell's Bells wrote: "The PTSD had me too, I find it interesting and heartbreaking at the same time. I love reads like that, think I'll go ahead and get it on nook!"

Yay!! Hope you get as much out of it as I did!

Shelly Okay, lol - I DNF'd this, but it's not this books' fault, it's mine and this horrible rut I'm stuck in. Nothing sounds good! I referenced your review in mine, since yours made me want to try it. Hope you don't mind ;) Any suggestions to help me get out of this rut, lol - I'm desperate!

Elizabeth (Liz) Shelly wrote: "Okay, lol - I DNF'd this, but it's not this books' fault, it's mine and this horrible rut I'm stuck in. Nothing sounds good! I referenced your review in mine, since yours made me want to try it. ..."

Hey, Shelly! I'm sorry this didn't work for you. I'm sort of in the same spot as you right now. Nothing sounds good. I start reading and I just see blah, blah, blah....;) Wish I could fix that for both of us!

Shelly It's so annoying! I'm afraid to try anything new for fear of unjustly disliking it! I think I'm gonna try to read old faves and hope they do the trick!

Elizabeth (Liz) Shelly wrote: "It's so annoying! I'm afraid to try anything new for fear of unjustly disliking it! I think I'm gonna try to read old faves and hope they do the trick!"

Good luck:)

Hannah Okay, I just got this book. Right after I finish the two books I'm currently reading, I'll give this one a whirl. Your review is what convinced me to buy. lol

How is the romance? Good? The balance between suspense/romance?

Elizabeth (Liz) Hannah wrote: "Okay, I just got this book. Right after I finish the two books I'm currently reading, I'll give this one a whirl. Your review is what convinced me to buy. lol

How is the romance? Good? The bala..."

Oh, hope you love it, Hannah!! I think the balance is perfect....slightly more rom than suspense. It was quite emotional for me, too, with the PTSD element. Quite frankly, I really enjoyed it and can't wait for the next:)

Hannah Yay! That's how I like my romantic suspense. Balanced or leaning a little more towards romance. Can't wait to try it. :)

Wendy Nice one Lizzie! I'm going to start this one tonight! :)

Elizabeth (Liz) Wendy wrote: "Nice one Lizzie! I'm going to start this one tonight! :)"

Ooooh, it's good, Wen! Hope you <3 it:)

message 25: by Dd (new) - added it

Dd Nicely done Elizabeth!!:))

message 26: by Dd (new) - added it

Dd And added it!!:))

Elizabeth (Liz) Dd wrote: "Nicely done Elizabeth!!:))"

Thanks, Dd!! This is a great story, especially for the price! Hope you enjoy:)

message 28: by Richa (new) - added it

Richa Great review, Elizabeth!! :)) Adding it! :))

Elizabeth (Liz) Richa wrote: "Great review, Elizabeth!! :)) Adding it! :))"

Thank you, sweetie:) Hope you enjoy!!