Jo at Jaffareadstoo's Reviews > Celtic Storms

Celtic Storms by Delaney Rhodes

2090731
Apr 24, 12

Read in April, 2012

My thanks to NetGalley for a digital copy to review.

The only disadvantage with receiving early reading digital copies is that the book you are reading is not always the finished article, and can suffer from grammatical errors and disjointed text. This can then seem like you are putting together a literary jigsaw puzzle. Such is the case with Celtic Storms, the beginning of the book jumps around all over the place and there are so many characters appearing unrelated to the story, it's difficult to keep track without losing interest. The book eventually settles down and becomes a fairly mediocre read, filled with mists and mysticism, paganism and witchcraft with an underlying theme of love and passion.
I grew to like some of the characters, Patrick struck me as one of the good guys, he had some depth of character whereas the female lead irritated me beyond words and appeared to be trying too hard to be "gung ho"..

There is the premise of a good book somewhere in here, it just took me a while to find glimpses of it, and by the time I had found it I had almost given up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Celtic Storms.