Korynn's Reviews > A Secret Rage

A Secret Rage by Charlaine Harris

Sep 01, 08

bookshelves: mystery-crime

This book features a pretty tense subject for any woman to read about and that would be rape. As I have not be raped and (thank god) no one I know has been raped I cannot say whether the book's characters' reactions are authentic. I would probably argue that as people are individuals, reactions differ and that seems pretty consistent with what else I have read. But, it is entirely a different thing to experience or personally know someone than to read about it on paper in a fictional account. Anycase this book deals with a character who returns to her homestate and begin a new phase in her life only to have a new unexpected event occur. She is attacked in her house in the dark by a man who knows her name, rapes her at knifepoint and proceeds to beat her senseless. And then she deals with it the best way she can, she reports it to the police, secure in the trust of her closest friends and begins to plot revenge, determined to seek out her mystery attacker. It's a taunt thriller, if a little taking some fictional liberties.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Secret Rage.