Sarah's Reviews > The Blue Sword

The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley

Apr 23, 12

One of my all time favorite books. I remember being a child, I always read at levels much higher than my grade (I was reading college level by the time I was 10). My mom told me I would enjoy this book when I was probably around 9 years old, I put it in my bookcase because I had a classic case of judging a book my it's cover. Sadly, I didn't read it until a few years later, and I regret the decision (of waiting) to this day. I LOVED this book, the main character and the world, everything about it just drew me in. I honestly, can't think of a book that influenced me more in high school than this book (and high school was when I read Harry Potter, discovered Mercedes Lackey, not to mention 100s of other authors). Let's just say, this book will always hold a special place in my heart. I think the idea of becoming something more, reaching down inside your soul and discovering how much you are capable of is something that resonated in me. Not to mention how I constantly day dream of a magical world just beyond our understand, off it the distant hills, and how one day, possibly, I might just find that magical place where anything is possible. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Blue Sword.