The_Book_Queen's Reviews > The Virgin's Revenge

The Virgin's Revenge by Dee Tenorio

1954982
Aug 29, 12

bookshelves: own, e-book, romance, contemporary, read-in-2012, reviewed, america
Read from May 30 to June 03, 2012

Originally posted on TBQ's Book Palace

~*~*~

Ah, the old “friends-to-lovers” troupe, with a slight twist—the heroine's a virgin, and she's tired of being placed in a glass box. One way or another she's going to lose her pesky virginity. And the guy she wants to take it from her is her brothers' best friend. Oh yes, this should be fun...

Amanda has six brothers. Yep, six. Needless to say, she's been coddled, protected, and unable to even date much since she reached puberty. Of course, the one man she wants to date (and oh so much more...) doesn't have the same feelings for her. After all, she's just his best friend's younger sister, just another one of the guys...right?

Cole has a secret, one that he won't even admit to himself (yet). He's in love with his friend's sister. Yep, the ultimate “no-no” in guy world, but he can't help it. But Amanda can't be interested in him, he's not the type woman fall for...

Things get even more complicated when Locke, Amanda's oldest brother, tells Cole that he will marry Amanda. It's time for her to get hitched, and Cole seems to be the first choice. But not the only choice; if Cole won't do it, Locke will just move on to the his next candidate. Needless to say, Cole agrees just so Amanda won't be passed around like a giveaway prize. But he doesn't want to marry—ever. Not even Amanda.

But if he did...well, Amanda would be the one. Assuming she felt the same about him.

The Virgin's Revenge is a quick, entertaining read, and one I really enjoyed! This might have been my first novel by Dee Tenorio, but it will not be my last! :) The characters are all great, and I look forward to learning more about many of them. The story was good, and the romance was believable—sweet, spicy, and real, not something that sprung up suddenly.

And I loved Cole—he wasn't the typical romance hero. He's not buff, brawny and athletic. He's not an alpha male, like Amanda's brothers. He's fit, but not big (heh, not that way dirty minds! Lol). He's a proud geek/nerd, a computer programer who speaks Klingon and Elvish. In other words, a welcome reprieve from the usual, and I would take Amanda's spot in a heartbeat!

Favorite Quote^:

“There's more to sex than just going at it.” He pressed a kiss to the corner of her mouth, then another along her cheek. She turned her head to give him more room. “There's not much satisfaction in that. You should have build-up. Anticipation. Temptation. Seduction.” He kept kissing, sometimes a nip, sometimes a nibble, punctuating his husky words on his way down her neck.

Cole, you are my hero--you just described how a relationship should work out, both in real life and in the romance novels I read! :)

4 STARS! A sweet, funny contemporary romance, The Virgin's Revenge is a wonderful choice if you are looking for a quick weekend read. I highly suggest you try Dee's books if you haven't already---I think I am now a fan for life!

^Quote belongs solely to the author. I do not claim it in anyway.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Virgin's Revenge.