Traci's Reviews > Love Does: Discover a Secretly Incredible Life in an Ordinary World

Love Does by Bob Goff

May 12, 12

Read from April 23 to May 05, 2012

I was so excited to read this book because the previews and reviews indicated this was a book written by someone with an uncanny ability to live life to the fullest, make lemonade out of lemons, and attract unbelievable blessings in his life. The book did not disappoint. Bob Goff clearly lives his faith but he never comes off as preach-y or holier-than-thou, and in fact seems to simply live a life of purpose and grand love for humankind.

This book is filled with easy to read chapters illustrating positive traits with examples from the author's life and discussion about how this relates to living a life of active love. The scriptural examples were pertinent but not overwhelming. The author appears to have a very logical approach to religion and scripture, noting that it is more important to live a good life than to study a good life.

I honestly most admired his parenting, as it seemed to be based around the idea of finding opportunities for his children to learn valuable lessons as well as finding opportunities for them to find their passions. The way he created those lessons is by saying "yes" to life more often than he said "no" or let his own doubts or fears take over. This is a man who believes in himself and believes that the right things will happen to the right people at the right time.

I enjoyed this book and would recommend it even to those readers who do not consider themselves particularly religious. There is something to be gained in the ideas of following your passion, saying "yes" to the possibilities of life, and embracing those things that scream of the pursuit of a "good" life and encourage the life lived with great love.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Does.