Amy's Reviews > A Bend in the Road

A Bend in the Road by Nicholas Sparks

Sep 04, 08

bookshelves: romantic-notions
Recommended for: The Romantic in all of us

Hmmm.... I am liking this one so far. I haven't read many of his books. Kindof a romance/mystery. I think I know where he is going with it and if so that will really really bite. I love Sarah and relate with her oh so well. Maybe I should look at being a school teacher so I can meet some cute parent and fall in love and yeah you know the rest. I guess we will just have to wait and see won't we. P.S. This is much more fun to read than what I am supposed to be reading for school. Who wants to read about chromosomes and what happens after you concieve. I would much rather read the before.

Ok so I finished and I liked it a lot. I didn't know where he was going. There are some things that bothered me. Like how come women in romance novels are always radiant and luminescent? Ok Ok I get all the love make you see people as more beautiful and such and such and I really believe some of it. But for once I would like to read a love story where she is normal. It makes it seem like in order to fall in love or be loved you have to be some amazingly beautiful person. That being said the guy has some real anger issues. Ok I get his circumstances but come on. Who would want to be with someone like that. Abusive hello. Oh but it is ok because of the circumstances (sorry not giving any spoilers other than the apparent ones, his wife was killed by a hit and run). So the girl is luminescent and he is a raging lunatic at times. Maybe that is normal.

Ok but seriously aside from that I really enjoyed reading the book. It was a fun love story and clean. Yeah of course there is the "making love" but nothing explicit, which I appreciate. I also liked the other twists he had in there. This might be a good bookclub book. Easy read. Which is what I needed. So now I get to go back to my course reading Child Psych, Marriage, and Family Relations. Since they probably don't have those books on here you won't be getting my reviews.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Bend in the Road.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cortney (new)

Cortney Amy! You are cracking me up!!!

Sarah Carp you should read The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks. He is one of my favorite authors and many of his books have been turned into movies but of course the books are always better than the movies.