Shawn Lane's Reviews > Pizza, Love, and Other Stuff That Made Me Famous

Pizza, Love, and Other Stuff That Made Me Famous by Kathryn Williams

May 03, 12

bookshelves: reviewed
Read from May 01 to 03, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Sophie Nicolaides wants to be a chef, and being raised in a family of cooks that run a family restaurant is the perfect start. But to give her dreams a kick start, her best friend, Alex, convinces her to enter a competition to appear on Teen Test Kitchen, a new reality show where teens face off for the chance to win a scholarship to American's finest culinary school, and an internship with a famous chef. Sophie wins the chance to be on the show and makes her way to the finale while making new friends and deciding if Alex is more than a "friend," of if Luc, a student at the culinary school, will win her love.

Pizza, Love, and Other Stuff That Made Me Famous....Hmmmm...I liked the book. It was a cute, fun, fluffy read. I also really like the title, but it doesn't really go with the book. There was pizza in the book, one time...so I didn't really get why that "made her famous." There was some love in the book, still not enough to make her famous....and there was other stuff in the book...but....well, anyway.....Just not sure about the title matching the book....but that didn't make me like the book less!

I was attracted to this book because I love watching and following the reality cooking shows on Food Network....Williams did a good job at portraying what goes on behind the scenes of these shows! I thought parts of the book were weak. There were times when I was ready to really get in depth with what was going on with Sophie and the show and then it totally skips to the end of that "scene" and something else is going on. The ending was anti-climatic, and again, thought it could have been written more in depth.

I gave this book 3 out of 5 stars. It interested me, I liked the subject, and I really enjoyed the main character, Sophie. I also like the recipes that are posted through out the book!!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pizza, Love, and Other Stuff That Made Me Famous.