Angela Fristoe's Reviews > A Million Suns

A Million Suns by Beth Revis

May 26, 12

bookshelves: ya-books
Read from May 09 to 12, 2012

Wow! I thought Across the Universe was great, but this sequel, A Million Suns, was even better! A Million Suns picks up just weeks after Across the Universe ends, and we are immediately thrown back into life upon Godspeed. Things are different now that Eldest is gone, and Elder is struggling to know what exactly is the right thing to do. Revis does an amazing job of showing Elder's indecision and how he constantly goes back and forth over how much he should tell the feeders.

Amy seemed at times a bit whiny, but really who can blame her? She's stuck on a ship in the middle of nowhere, and not expecting to reach land in her lifetime. Her relationship with Elder is developing, although she struggles to completely trust him after his revelation at the end of the first book. Her hesitations are completely believable and I liked that she didn't just fall for him and brush aside the choices he made. There is still chemistry between them, but neither is consumed by their love. Instead they try to be rational and that makes the relationship feel more realistic.

There was a bit more of a mystery to this book, and I enjoyed the search Amy and Elder embark on. I have to say that a couple chapters before the big reveal I figured it out. But what was great was that in addition to the lies Eldest had been hiding behind, the rebellion built the story up even more. There was the question of who was behind the attacks, if Orion was still frozen, and what was their reasoning behind it.

The ending was absolutely awesome! The only problem is that now I have to wait a year to read what happens next.

Check out more of my reviews vat my blog Turning the Pages
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Million Suns.

05/12/2012 page 42