Samantha Karlin's Reviews > Fated

Fated by Alyson Noel

F_50x66
Apr 23, 12

Read in March, 2012

I liked Fated overall. It is the first full book that I have ready by Alyson Noël. I picked up the first book from the Immortals series quite some time ago and do not recall why it is that I put it down and did not complete it. I believe it may have been a bit too slow in the beginning.

Fated does have a bit of a slow pace, but it is not entirely a bad thing. There were many things that kept my interest. I have never read a book before with the kind of folklore that is incorporated into Fated. It was all quite fascinating to me, and I thoroughly enjoyed that aspect. I enjoyed the strong female main character Daire and how she was not completely dependent on her love interest. The story kept my interest throughout and I enjoyed trying to predict what could happen next.
While I can definitely see the young adult aspect of the book, I quite enjoyed the language. The way the book is written, I find that a somewhat older audience can also enjoy the story through the way the language flows.

I found the ending to be enjoyable. It was not left on a cliff hanger where I want to yell and have the next book that instant, but left off in a way that had me interested to see what was coming next. I look forward to the next book, and recommend this book as a fun read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fated.