Carlo Malonzo's Reviews > The Monster of Florence

The Monster of Florence by Douglas Preston

Apr 27, 12

bookshelves: non-fiction, crime, historical, favorites
Read from April 23 to 27, 2012, read count: 1

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Monster of Florence.

Quotes Carlo Liked

Douglas Preston
“You cannot stare evil in the face; it has no face. It has no body, no bones, no blood. Any attempt to describe it ends in glibness and self-delusion.”
tags: evil

Douglas Preston
“We all have a Monster within; the difference is in degree, not in kind.”

Douglas Preston
“The Monster’s crimes were so horrific that a mere man could not possibly have committed them. Satan, in the end, had to be invoked.”

04/23/2012
04/24/2012
54.0% "Part II: The Story of Douglas Preston"
04/24/2012 "It has always been my dream to live in Florence, Italy. How awesome it would be to sit in a small cafe overlooking the Arno River while sipping my espresso and smoking my ciggies."
04/25/2012
70.0% "You cannot stare evil in the face; it has no face. It has no body, no bones, no blood. Any attempt to describe it ends in glibness and self-delusion. Maybe, I thought, this is why Christians invented the devil."
04/26/2012
71.0% "Amazing how the Italian police and prosecutors keeps inventing things to back their own theory of events. They even have three witnesses ready substantiate their mostly crazy claims."
04/27/2012
74.0% "Search warrant based on "secret" crimes? That's ridiculous."
87.0% "Mindfucked!"
04/27/2012
95.0% "Almost done with this book. Hoping for an orgasmic ending! - Will continue reading after dinner."
04/27/2012
99.0% "The world is indeed full of crazy people. How is it that in Italy, the statements of such people (Gabriella Carlizzi) are taken down by public ministers as serious evidence in connection to the Monster of Florence case?"
04/27/2012
100.0% "The world is indeed full of crazy people. How is it that in Italy, the statements of such people (Gabriella Carlizzi) are taken down by public ministers as serious evidence in connection to the Monster of Florence case?"
show 1 hidden update…