Kelly's Reviews > Eyes of Magic

251943
Apr 24, 12

bookshelves: ebooks, 2012-favorites, read-in-2012, urban-fantasy
Read on April 24, 2012

When last we left Malcolm, he had gutted me and left me weeping inconsolably on the side of the road. His story flayed me. I have very strong feelings about his father's part in keeping Malcolm ignorant of his heritage and although it wasn't addressed in this story, I'm still hoping he gets what's coming to him. *scowls*

This part of the story picks up not long after Malcolm was rescued from the caves. He's a wounded animal who's unwilling to trust anyone after the torture he's been put through. He hates the way his body reacts to the Touch and he can't fathom the idea that the Touch isn't the bad thing he's been taught it is. Donovan gives him the room he needs to heal, but Malcolm's still struggling.

Malcolm's story is by far my favorite thus far. He knows nothing of the way the Fey work and he's so terribly damaged by his ordeal that he just tugs at my heart. Beyond Malcolm, the overriding arc is progressing nicely and we're starting to make some big connections between the different aspects of the story.

*crosses fingers that Donovan treats Malcolm right and helps him grow into himself*

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eyes of Magic.

Ӄaȶ  McCarthy ~ Aeternum Designs I'm about half way through and I see what you mean. My favourite so far!

Kelly Ӄıȶȶყ Ӄaȶ wrote: "I'm about half way through and I see what you mean. My favourite so far!"

I just love the poor guy to pieces!

Ӄaȶ  McCarthy ~ Aeternum Designs he's so sweet!! after what he's been through, it makes you just want to hug him and protect him…

Kelly Ӄıȶȶყ Ӄaȶ wrote: "he's so sweet!! after what he's been through, it makes you just want to hug him and protect him…"

YES! I want to cuddle him close and feed him chicken soup!

Ӄaȶ  McCarthy ~ Aeternum Designs exactly!! lol!