Sarah's Reviews > Cinder

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

F 50x66
Apr 23, 12

Read in April, 2012

This book is easily one of the best I have read, despite the odd story line. When I first red the synopsis I thought it was too cheesy to be a decent read, however I needed something to push me over the fifty mark to use my coupon, so I decided to give it a go. I am SO happy I did.
Cinder is a headstrong cyborg who is like Cinderella, but nothing like Cinderella at the same time. While she is in a similar situation as Cinderella, she does not treat it the same. In the story she is not kind and obeying to every word of her step-mother and is an extraordinary mechanic who is quite quick mentally.
Prince Kai is also surprisingly well written, his naive and innocent personality fits right in with the circumstances and melds very well with Cinder's headstrong nature.
Dr. Erland was possibly one of my favourite characters in the novel, his wit seemed to charm me throughout the story and I felt, again, it melded well with Cinder's ways. He was calm with her stubbornness and easily shuts her down when she tries to rebel against this decisions.
Despite the fact that I could guess the ending of the novel about one-hundred and fifty pages in, the path Meyers took to get there kept me on my toes and kept me from putting the book down.
Overall, I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys dystopian works, especially those with a futuristic feel, such as Uglies.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cinder.