Susan Ashcraft's Reviews > Two Sisters: prattle tales of playful girls

Two Sisters by Laura Wright LaRoche

May 28, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: first, firstread, children, short-stories
Read in May, 2012

10 little stories starring two little girls, 6 year old Addy and her younger sister, 4 year old Izzy. The girls have very different styles, Izzy always wears dresses and Addy's favorite color is green. They do have one thing in common, they love to torment each other.

In each of the stories entitled Butterfly, Sticks, School Day, Mushroom Hunting, Her Party, Fishing, Garden, Zoo, Rainy Day, and Vacation, Addy and Izzy are together (except School Day when Addy is at her first day of grade 1 and Rainy Day where Izzy is at home with her mom while Addy is at school) and each wants things her own way and will do whatever it takes to get her way even if it means tattling, hitting, crying or lying.

The stories are well written and at times, humorous and the descriptions of the girls is very well done. However I don't necessarily see the girls as playful. To me they're spoiled brats that say and do whatever they like while their mother is absolutely oblivious. If my children were young, I'm not sure if I would want them to read this book, they had enough of their own bad ideas.

I won this book through GoodReads giveaway and my review was unsolicited.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Two Sisters.