Bonnie Gayle's Reviews > One Good Knight

One Good Knight by Mercedes Lackey

Mar 26, 09

bookshelves: fantasy-sf, girly-fiction, series-in-progress, reviewed, library-books
Read in March, 2009

Andie is a neglected Princess, until she impresses her mother, the Queen, and her advisor with her knowledge. She is then taken more seriously, and asked to help out with gathering information. The more Andie looks into, though, the more curious she becomes about what her mother has been doing to the country.
Suddenly, a dragon comes to attack the town, and the only way to appease him, is to give him a weekly virgin sacrifice. It isn't long before Andie is chosen to be sacrificed, but not all hope is lost: a Knight is there to save her. Andie soon discovers that there is more to the Knight than she first believed, and in fact, there is more to the dragon than everyone believes, too.

This was actually quite bad. The entire first third of the book, until the dragon starts attacking, could have been done in 2 paragraphs, but instead it dragged on and on. It evened dragged on and on after that. Blech. I just demoted it down to 2 stars, because I can't think of anything good to put in my review right now!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Good Knight.