Shannon's Reviews > The Time Traveler's Wife

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

F 50x66
May 17, 12

Read from May 08 to 12, 2012

I had a lot of issues with this book:
- Long winded...page long paragraphs and too much detail about insignificant events.
- No feeling or emotion...The author doesn't really describe how the characters are feeling emotionally, so I'm left wondering how/why they fall in love and why they even love each other. I never felt the love between them, nor did I really connect with the characters or the book.
- Melodrama, misery....this book is piled high with melodrama and misery, it's like one thing after another piled onto this couple, it's so freaking depressing...and just when you think things are turning around, think again! Even more misery is piled onto them, it's unbelievable how much misery the author puts her characters through! Not to mention, see point above, it's hard to relate to the misery when I don't even feel any emotion in the book at all.

Overall, I just didn't really get into the book, nor enjoy it. In fact, I couldn't actually finish it...after committing a week to it and getting nothing but misery out of it, when I got to about 400 pages in and the author revealed the ending, pretty much, a very miserable and depressing turn of events, I just couldn't finish it! I read what happened online instead and decided this just isn't my kind of book.

I enjoy books that are fun, exciting, adventurous, full of emotion, intriguing, etc, this book was just too much of a downer and didn't make me feel anything really.
Likeflag