Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!*'s Reviews > Seduced in the Dark

Seduced in the Dark by C.J. Roberts

Sep 11, 12

bookshelves: adult-romance-erotica, alpha_male, all-time-faves, bestofthebest, betrayal, danger, dark_erotica, discovery, emotional-read, eye_4_an_eye, fall_2012_sept_oct_nov, family-secrets-revealed, flashbacks, forbidden-love, funfearless-andfemale, gun-murder-violence, hea-included, heart_pounding_moments, heartbreak, heartbreaking, his-her-pov, hot_as_hell_male, hot_cops_fbi_soilders, human-trafficking-slaves, kidnapped-kidnapping, jealousy, loved-by-danger, master-slave_theme, made_me_weep, mystery_what_happened, saved, secondary_lovestory, sexy-series_read2012, self_discovery, soul_churning, strong_female_lead, unexpected-twist, very-steamy, violence, authors_to_lookout_for, kleenex-required
Recommended for: BDSM LOVERS and DARK EROTICA LOVERS!
Read on August 31, 2012

Spoiler Free Review
5 STARS out of 5
Genre: Adult Romance-Erotica/BDSM
Series: Book #2 in The Dark Duet series

"Answer my question, what could I do with you?"

"Anything! Fucking Anything!"
she sobbed wetly.

"Yes I could do anything to you. I could throw you face down and fuck you until you can't stand and there would be nothing you could do about it. You're beaten, bruised and damn near broken. I could kill you...."
-Caleb and Livvie in Seduced in the Dark

Dare I say PERFECT
Yes i believe I can. This book, NO this series was perfect. It was brought full circle with the ultimate betrayal in a gut-wrenching, jaw dropping heartbreaking way. And all points lead to Caleb.

Thanks for making me a fighter
Fueled by his desire to seek vengence Caleb continues forward with his plan to sell Livvie in order to kill his enemy Vladek Rostrovich. Now in route to meet with Rafiq, Caleb knows his time with Livve is limited. He has to stay on the course he started even when his heart begins to rebel against it. He knows she is just playing with him the same way he has played with her. She is smart her survival depends on him she is also strong willed and determined. He is very aware of the fact that someday she may seek revenge against him.

Tug of War
As revenge powered Caleb to do some unthinkable things.**Shivers** His loyalty to Rafiq seemed to only increase the onslaught of pain he inflicted on Livve most of which was done emotionally. It seemed like every time his love for her would surface he would beat it back down by taking his cruelty to another level.
Just when I think things couldn't get worse. They did. And Livvie.... Well, when she cried I cried. But through her tears she became the epitome of resilience.

Beg me...Choose me...
Every. Damn. Time he made her beg it bit him in the ass. Because soon after her love would reach out for him to choose...

Her love said
Choose me
Want me
Love me
more than revenge and over loyalty. *whispers* Choose me.

Oh Livvie my heart broke for her a thousand times over.

Fave lines and internal monologues

'I'm crying again and I hate myself for it. Why won't my face stop leaking!'
-Livvie's inner monologue

"Steady Kitten I won't let him inside you. I won't let anyone inside you."
-Caleb

'I'm Dessert? Nice of Caleb to make me part of dinner. Bastard!
-Livvie's inner monologue

'The naive girl in me had been bitch-slapped into womandhood. I'd been razed by pain, grief, loss and suffering, and honed by lust, rage, and an acute awareness of my need to survive.' -Livvie's inner monologue

Read this book!
Why should you read it? I'll tell you why! Because it is story telling at it's greatest!
Beautifully crafted. C.J. Roberts sculpted, shaped, carved and molded this series to perfection. It brought forth highs and lows for me. At one point I saw the PEARLY GATES and at other times i dropped to the depths of HELL. I felt like i had been sucked into a black hole from the soul churning story unfolding before my eyes. When i started the book I was in an uproar saying to myself
-What is going on?
-How did she get there?
-The FEDS awwwww SHIT!
-Where is Caleb?
-What the fuck happened?

My Ratings
Characters- Strong Willed and Lovable
Writing Style- Excellent! My preferred cup of tea!
Plot/Storyline- Solid
Overall- I LOVED IT!!!!!! A MUST READ!!!

Now go forth and read. And then tell us about it on Goodreads!

Warning: This book contains strong BDSM and Master/slave content. Strong language and graphic Violence
46 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduced in the Dark.

08/31/2012 "I'll start this in the morning time to get some rest:)"
09/01/2012 "Once again it's on!" 5 comments
09/01/2012
21.0% "Damn he's a closer... I can't believe i didn't peep that shit... FUCKING FED!"
09/01/2012 "If I hear him utter the word 'beg' one more time I am gonna vomit. VOMIT! I have been in a black hole ALL DAY! *yells*A BLACK FUCKING HOLE. **cry's steady tears**" 3 comments
09/01/2012
100.0% "Review to come"

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ wrote: "**Clears throat** Lookie, lookie!!

:o Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! No way!!! Thanks Tessamari:)
You ROCK!!!!!

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog Teehee! You're welcome! I'm telling everyone that I want constant updates...that includes you!! LOL.=)

Dina Oh, boy! Have fun reading it! I'll be stalking for updates. ;)

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Dina wrote: "Oh, boy! Have fun reading it! I'll be stalking for updates. ;)"

Hahahahahahaha!!!

Chrissie I'm afraid of this book. :)

Melissa Alexis, I'm very much loving this book right now...holy shit!

Stephenie I can't find it on amazon?

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ OMG! Sis I finished this one today Check out my review. No spoilers :)
How are u feelin about this one so far?

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Yeah me too i read it all Saturday... I have yet to write my review because i just needed time to collect myself... Then yesterday i felt good and wanted to start it so it will be up by tonight. It was so emotionally taxing i was in such a dark place after i read it. I just needed some time ya know?!

Splage Starting it today, I will wait until I am finished to read your review. I think I am going to need a shrink after the intense and dark books I have been reading lately.

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Splage wrote: "Starting it today, I will wait until I am finished to read your review. I think I am going to need a shrink after the intense and dark books I have been reading lately."

Tell me about it i need a shrink on speed dial!lol!!!

Vanessa Looks like I need to work on the reading the first one lol.

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Vanessa wrote: "Looks like I need to work on the reading the first one lol."

Yes, you do!*grins*

Vanessa Omg, why didn't I read this sooner!

Honey Warren Great review Alexis!!! I felt the exact same way reading this book!!!

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Honey wrote: "Great review Alexis!!! I felt the exact same way reading this book!!!"

Thanks Honey!

message 19: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 06, 2012 01:09PM) (new)

Awesome review, Alex, although I must admit I'm afraid of this book too LOL

Holly's pages in pink Fantastic. This was by far the darkest book I've read yet- but it was incredible!!!

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog Great Review, Alexis! I swear, I will never forget this series. Just truly fantastic =)

message 22: by April (last edited Sep 06, 2012 04:29PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

April Good review, Alexis! At the close of the book I sat there, mouth a gape, unable to read for the next few days, it was just too much!!

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Thanks y'all!!!
I so love this series:)

Louise great review! I'm speechless about this series:)I want somebody to hug;)

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Louise wrote: "great review! I'm speechless about this series:)I want somebody to hug;)"

I know the feeling:)

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ AWESOME REVIEW SIS!
Photobucket

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Thanks girl!!!!

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ Alexis wrote: "Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Thanks girl!!!!"

Ur welcome LOL

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Chanda wrote: "Love your review! :)"

Thanks Chanda!!:)

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus Awesome review! I'm starting this tonight I can't wait!

Lucinda - I JUST LOVE TO READ Awesome review, started this now. And if this book starts like this there isn't going to be very happy ending ;(

Erica E Great review! i'm still trying to catch my breath. I finished it this afternoon and I can't even think of reading another book right now. this left me so raw but oh so good.

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Erica wrote: "Great review! i'm still trying to catch my breath. I finished it this afternoon and I can't even think of reading another book right now. this left me so raw but oh so good."

Thanks!! I'm glad you enjoyed it Erica, I agree the mind needs a rest after reading this for sure.

Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ wonderful review Alexis...i love ur questions at the end...LOL.

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* ♠ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ♠ wrote: "wonderful review Alexis...i love ur questions at the end...LOL."

Thank you Sharon!

message 38: by Brenna (last edited Nov 28, 2012 09:54AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brenna I'm reading this now and I'm so freaking confused! Reading your review,...
"-What is going on?
-How did she get there?
-The FEDS awwwww SHIT!
-Where is Caleb?
-What the fuck happened?" <<< EXACTLY WHAT I AM THINKING!!

Sonia ღ Brilliant review, Alexis! :) Love the way you've formatted your review!

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Sonia ღ wrote: "Brilliant review, Alexis! :) Love the way you've formatted your review!"

Thank you Sonia!!! :)

kristina Great review Alexis :)

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* kristina wrote: "Great review Alexis :)"

Thank you Kristina!!!:D

message 44: by Dd (new)

Dd Wonderful review Alexis!!:))

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Dd wrote: "Wonderful review Alexis!!:))"

Thank you Dd!!!:)

message 46: by Esti (new) - rated it 5 stars

Esti Omg, I just finished it, friggin amazing! Absolutely perfect!

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Esti wrote: "Omg, I just finished it, friggin amazing! Absolutely perfect!"

*Grins* Glad you enjoyed it Esti!!!! This is a FAVORITE!
:)))