Kenzie Keppner's Reviews > Mara's Stories: Glimmers in the Darkness

Apr 23, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: eng-356
Read on April 23, 2012

This book was very moving. It was written perfectly for young adults, but at the same time showed the corruption that went on during the Holocaust. I felt like I was Mara, and I was telling each of the stories. Most of the stories were easy to read and understand. There really wasn't a whole lot of violence. It was definitely censored for young adults. I felt that there could of been a little bit more graphic scenes but the descriptions were still amazing. The stories were written very well and I wanted to cry on a few of them.

Violence- 4. In as book about the Holocaust, there is bound to be some violence. There are some disturbing scenes, such as shootings and the gas chambers. They are not described in vivid detail but they are going on during the scenes.

Language- 1. I do not recall there being any bad words. Just very moving and eye opening stories.

Sex-1. There wasn't really any talk of sexual relations at all. There is a scene where there are naked people present but nothing is described about them.

Drugs and Alcohol- 2. There really isn't anything about drugs and alcohol either. There is one scene where a group of men get drunk but that is about it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mara's Stories.