Brandi Rae's Reviews > A Million Suns

A Million Suns by Beth Revis

Apr 23, 12

bookshelves: young-adult-fiction, science-fiction

** spoiler alert ** Often in new series, I'll read the first book, but by the time the second book finally comes out I've generally lost interest. I'm so glad I didn't let that happen with this series! The second book was just as good, if not better than the first. Finally, a YA science fiction series that is actually based on a space ship that has real space ship problems as well as ethical and societal problems (AKA--it's not just a love triangle dystopia).

This one begins right where "Across the Universe" ends. Elder if finding his way as the leader of the ship Godspeed to be difficult. He has taken everyone off of mood enhancing drugs that kept them calm and docile; only now his is facing rebellion as the masses realize they have freedom of thought and action. Amy discovers that Orion, the man who tried to kill her cryogenically frozen parents, has left her a scavenger hunt of clues leading her to a shocking discovery about the ship. Both Amy and Elder are faced with tough choices about what is right and how to keep the ships civilization alive and functioning.

Definitely recommend this one, I can't wait for the third book (January can't come soon enough!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Million Suns.