Angela ♥ Mrs. Hollywood ♥'s Reviews > Special Forces: Mercenaries Part I

Special Forces by Marquesate

May 08, 12

bookshelves: mm
Read from April 23 to May 08, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I'm finally done.
This book irritated me. The beginning was perfect. I loved the suspense, Vadim being captured and tortured by the Soviets. What Dan went through when he thought he'd lost Vadim was incredible, emotional. I could really empathize with both men, and everything they had gone through.

I loved the way Dan rescued Vadim, then Vadim having to leave because he was so messed up he felt nothing.

Thailand was amazing, epic. As good as the first book. The whole first half was an emotional read. I felt so attached to the characters and could really feel what they were feeling. I couldn't part with the book.

At about 70 percent Dan changed. He did some uncharacteristic things. I feel like he was a different character. I hate Mad Dog. He sucks. He got progressively got dumber throughout the book and had no empathy for Vadim and what he'd been through..How can that be with all his experience in the military and as a merc..he can't understand how somebody would react after being tortured for two years? Strange... Plus he was a stupid whore, and dragged Vadim into it. I sincerely hope that in the next book Vadim ditches Mad Dog and hooks up with Hooch, or finds somebody more suitable for him that will understand him better.

7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Special Forces.

Quotes Angela ♥ Mrs. Hollywood ♥ Liked

Aleksandr Voinov
“Some men want to win a gold medal, some want a family, some want to be rich, some want to be free, some want to kill other men, and some men want to do the right thing. Me, I only want you.”
Aleksandr Voinov, Special Forces - Mercenaries Part I

04/26/2012
04/26/2012
33.0% "I HATE Jean! I am waiting for Vadim to break his other arm."
04/27/2012
42.0% ""Lion has his claws already sharpened and is ready to go." ....SIGH!!!!" 1 comment
04/29/2012
61.0% "Laugh out loud moment: "Why the hell is she skinning me alive?"" 3 comments
04/30/2012
73.0% "WTF!!!" 2 comments
05/02/2012
80.0% "They keep making references to their "old age", yet they have no problem keeping up with the frat boys." 11 comments
05/07/2012
100.0% "They keep making references to their "old age", yet they have no problem keeping up with the frat boys."

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Christina Yup, Dan experienced some sort of brain damage from Soldiers to Mercs I.

Laura Angela! I love this review. I just attracted all sorts of attention at my desk—with all my giggling! :D You know my feelings on Mad Dog. I will try not to swear here, but I so want to stomp those shades to bits! So much more to say…so to be cont….
You are still reading the next part—right? Please, please say yes. I need my Merc support. I would be lost without you and Christina. Lost!

Angela  ♥ Mrs. Hollywood ♥ Hi Laura! Yes I will be reading mercs 2! But I have a feeling it won't be an easy quick read for me!