Tia's Reviews > The Society Wife

The Society Wife by India Grey

Apr 23, 2012

First of all, apparently this book has two titles. The Society Wife and also Spanish Aristocrat, Forced Bride. That being said, on with the review..

I was really confused as to give this book 1 star or 5 stars, for these reasons:

-It didn't really fall under "harlequin" status for me, the book was dark and scary at some points.

-The hero was a total douche. I mean he literally beat down the heroine and to me all the verbal and emotional abuse was over the top and too much.

-The storyline was just too cruel and didn't follow other "harlequins". I was really confused and it felt so twisted reading this novel. I can't figure out if I should be proud the author was that dark or be ashamed because of the injustice and abuse this book promotes. I certainly wouldn't want my daughter when she is a teenager reading it. I wouldn't want her to think it's alright for a man to beat you down.

So once again, this book is controversial news and I am on the fence, totally. If any man treated me the way hero treats the heroine, he wouldn't have any private parts left, I'd take a meat grinder to them!
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Society Wife.